Dublin diaries

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Wednesday 30th August, 2006 - Day 4

Wednesday 30th August, 2006 - Day 4

We left Killarney early the next day to head towards the Blarney Castle. At the castle, I walked down the wishing steps backwards with my eyes closed while making a wish and I kissed the blarney stone! It is said that if you kiss the blarney stone, you are given the gift of the gab for the next 7 years!








After stopping for lunch at Cork city, we head to a small town called Mitchelstown in County Tipperary. Mitchelstown is known as one of the best caves in all of Europe. It remains at 12degrees all year and it costs just 3 Euro to go in and see it. I saw stalagmites and stalactites, things I had learnt about, but never seen! The use of cameras damage the calcite formations and so I was unable to take photographs inside the cave. One interesting thing about the cave was its excellent acoustics. I was told that many concerts and shows are held inside the caves because of its excellent acoustics. All of us who went in got together and sang ‘twinkle twinkle little star’ and it sounded great! After a long and exciting 4 days, we then returned to Dublin city. We were welcomed with 1.5 hours of traffic jams and blocks! All ended well and I came back with truck loads of fun moments and memories! Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home